So I'm back to dicing up the onions, celery and carrots . . . and garlic . . . always the garlic. Chopping the ham, rinsing and draining the beans, adding the salt, pepper, bay leaves and patiently waiting for the next 2.5 hours while it simmers away. It the meantime, I have to say it is making the house smell full of culinary goodness. Fingers crossed.
On another note, my laptop has the hiccups. Sometimes it needs to know what its own operating system is before it opens. I patiently remind it that it is a PC running XP. Yesterday it decided to tell me I was holding down the CTRL key. I begged to differ. I was not. Finally, it relented and let me type once more. Then it had an altercation with its own pop-up blockers. I took a ring side seat until I realized it would go into extra rounds if I didn't step in and break them up.
I think old age is catching up with it. It is after all, pushing four years old. I am, as we speak, downloading everything on it to my new EHD, in case it goes into cardiac arrest. Poor thing. But that leads me to another quandary: PC vs. MAC.
Katie loves her MAC. Most everyone at the Spraground has fallen under its spell. The biggest draw back I see is the initial cost of new software: CS4, Ai, ACDsee. I'd need them all. And can I, another old battle axe, learn a new system. Yes, everyone says MAC is very intuitive but, unfortunately, I am not. See the problem?
I'll let you know how the soup turns out.
EDIT:
just starting to cook:

happily simmering away:

looking good, smelling good . . . taste eh.

at least the 9TS ate it this time. Round #3 to be continued . . .
5 comments:
brown sugar, maybe? and a little something zippy like cayenne or ancho pepper?
My laptop and your laptop are about the same age, and I have the same dilemma. I'd love a MAC, but omgosh, I've already invested so much money into the softwear. HOPEFULLY I have some time to justify...er...make up my mind ;-)
saute the ham, celery and onions before you add everything else...?
I'm kinda mystified why it's not turning out
Oh oh oh! I know! You can have my Mac (and I can get a new Mac) and that way you don't (really) have to buy a new computer, just the software!!
Kind of like how I got your old furniture so you could get your new loft.
And while I really (really) ((really)) like this idea, I'm not so stupid as to believe that it'll happen. Silly enough to propose it, yes, but not stupid enough (well, maybe a little =P)
ok, so here's how it's gonna go down...
{wink}
You're gonna get the Mac and instead of buying all that new software, you're just gonna buy Parallels. Then all your windows software will work, until you decided you'd much rather have the new software.
:o)
See, that was easy.
Now as for the soup - I got nuttin.
Yum - I'm coming over for dinner!
Post a Comment