Friday, January 15, 2010

a simple woman . . .

I tripped over this lovely, new to me, idea while rummaging around Karenika's blog. It's called The Simple Woman's Daybook and will be perfect for crafting an album at the end of the year. And yes, true to form, I am late getting started. My goal is to fill in the blanks once a week.

FOR TODAY 1:15:2010 at Or Just Me

Outside my window: I see my circle. A place where friends, neighbors and oddballs co-exist haphazardly.

I am thinking: how nice it is that the weather has turned and I can smell the warm earth once again

I am thankful for: the giggle in the back of my throat created by a little black cat who stole my daughters headband off the bathroom sink and played with it for a very long time.

From the kitchen: I can see my attempts to tidy things up but still the sink houses the 9TS's empty coffee cup.

I am wearing: my LLBean slippers which keep my toes toasty, a pair of worn jeans and a ratty old ON T-Shirt. Hum, nothing new there.

I am creating: an idea to stave off my cravings for inky fingers and textured paper.

I am going: to Carrabba's for dinner tonight. A Friday night ritual around here. A little Polo Rosa Maria is good for the soul.

I am reading: the currently directory of my college update. It struck me sad to learn that an old acquaintance had passed away. All these years later, she was still into the metaphysical.

I am hoping: all goes well next Wednesday when my gall bladder and I part company.

I am hearing: the sounds of an empty house. Familiar hums and whirs of motors that tell me all is well

Around the house: the cats are napping on various beds, sprawled out, comfortable, slightly snoring.

One of my favorite things: is to listen to that quiet.

A few plans for the rest of the week: running errands tomorrow, lunch at Panera's, making homemade soup for dinner tomorrow night

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:



That's it. So go check out the link. Join in. Peace out.

1 comment:

HiHo, the Duck said...

The monster did not just "steal" and "play" with my headbands... She also

LICKED

and

SUCKED ON

my headbands... Which you then picked up and felt their sogginess. ahahahahahahahahaha