the 9TS and I finally made it to the grocery store yesterday . . . a day late but none the less, we made it. Swooping down the aisles spending an obscene amount of money while adding very little to our basket. I remember shopping with my mother in the 50's and our grocery total was always right about $25.00 for a family of four. What happened???
As we came out and started stashing said measly groceries in the trunk of the car, a man came up and tapped the 9TS on the shoulder and apologized for hitting our car. I honestly thought it was one of the 9TS's friends joking around. From the look on his face, I think my sloth was thinking the same thing. Surely no one would clobber the gray goose!?!?!?! But sadly, they had. But it was a very nice man who apologized profusely, gave us all his pertinent information and said he would call his insurance company as soon as he got home. And he did. I was still in the middle of cooking dinner at 6:30 when the caller I.D. flashed Geico.
This morning at 9:00, the 9TS was sitting nose to nose with a man from the body shop and the Gecko. By 10:00, he was home in his rental with a smile on his face.
Just when you think the world is full of non-repentant jerks behind the wheel. Along comes Mr. Nice Guy, who waits around to tell you the truth and ponies up and does the right thing. Oh, glorious world, we need more of this man.
Oh, and the 9TS is scheduled for another PET scan and an appointment with Dr. K. STILL waiting for a date for the IPI infusion. Snail, thy name is Red Tape.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment