While in Cassadaga last week, one of the women in the bookstore mentioned that she teaches a free yoga class Friday mornings over by us. Joanie and I, still a little shell shocked at the idea of no yoga until August 23, decided we would check it out. It was different but interesting . . . we deemed it our home away from home during the summer. YAY!
And being Friday, the 9TS and I went to Carrabba's to stuff our bellies and inhale the rich camaraderie that brings us back week after week. We beat the impending rain storm by minutes. Suddenly while sipping my glass of cabernet, KA-BOOM, the lights flickered, died and came back on. The table rattled ever so slightly. That was a close strike. Did you know Florida is the lightening capitol of the world? A few minutes later and Matt rushed over to tell us the tale. The bolt had turned one of the palms separating Carrabba's and Checker's Drive Thru into the proverbial burning bush. Whoosh!!! Look out sinners.
It had settled down to a light rain as we pulled into the driveway but the remote control for the garage door was not working. Sigh. I hopped out and tried it manually. All the outside panel would do was blink at me blankly. I asked the 9TS for the keys. Seems the sloth had yet to transfer the house keys to his car fob and we were locked out. Not a problem, Joanie has a key. Except Joanie was not home. We decided rather than stand under the eaves away from the drizzle until they returned, we would run to Wally World and pick up the deodorant I ran out of this morning and various and sundry other necessary items. By the time we got home, thankfully Joanie was also home and we let ourselves in. No power. Nada.
I love not having power . . . for the first five minutes. I know it hits my brain that nothing will work but it doesn't stop me from heading to the bathroom and trying to turn on the light in there. Yeah, dummy, like if it doesn't work anywhere else, it will surely work in the bathroom. GAH!
So I pulled out my laptop to entertain myself while the 9TS happily rummaged around with his flash light. Again, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get on the net. D.U.M.M.Y. Thankfully, I could still play digitally. And, yes, we had called the power company. Their best guess? 11:30 p.m. Hum. That was 4.5 hours and it was getting warm. Luckily, the power trucks were soon out in the circle and I shooed the 9TS out to get the dirt.
Five minutes later. LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!
Thank you Friday for all the entertainment.
p.s. the burning bush was the best!!!
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had a transformer up the street blow up yesterday morning! Like you, we were without power for about 4 hrs. I thought I'd go to Mike's and JoAnn's to pass the time til I realized I couldn't get my buggy OUT of the garage! Sometimes I just have to stop and laught at my stoopidity!
Post a Comment