We survived infusion number one!!!! Don't you like how I include myself in that survival? But we did. After breakfast, we arrived at Moffitt 15 minutes early and promptly got lost trying to find the lab. They must have 7952 labs . . . I think we visited every single one before we found the right one.
After their vampire routine, we headed up to the Cutaneous Clinic and got the low down on Yervoy . . . the good, the bad and the . . . as it turns out, not so ugly . . . and signed the paperwork. Back to the infusion center they hooked up the 9TS and fed his body with fierce little munchkins, who will plump up his t-cells, who will in return repel Mel and his cousin Anoma. Go munchkins!
An hour and a half later, we were out and in search of another restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. California Taco was only a couple of miles from Moffitt. The place definitely qualifies as a dive. A ramshackled building, in a ramshackled neighborhood with five little rickety outside tables, but let me tell you, the food was fabulous. The 9TS noshed on a couple of fish tacos while I made short order of a pork burrito:
and speaking of food, I found a couple of shots left on my iPhone . . . presenting my favorite sandwich from La's, the turkey caprese. Turkey, mozzarella, tomato, basil mayo, greens on toasted ciabatta:
and the day before we left, I had lunch with Robin at Blue. While I forgot to get a shot of my lunch, this was my view. Not sure which was better.
Food glorious food!!! Life is exceedingly good!!!!
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
OMG! CA Taco is da bomb!!! LOVE their fish tacos. Why didn't you call me????????? John loves the Army/Navy store next door! I sit in the truck cuz it's wayyyyyy to claustrophobic in there!
Glad to hear the first round went well for the 9TS.
Life is exceedingly good indeed!!!
Did you happen to see the "HAVE FAITH" sign at California Taco??
Hmmm....
Paula
Post a Comment