Friday, June 24, 2011

yoga and the unforgiveable . . .

and so while, we were having such a jolly old time in Tampa Monday and Tuesday, I missed my yoga class.  The last one before summer break.  And we all know that me without yoga is almost as bad as the unmedicated me these days.  Luckily, there was a make up class last night.  But of course not without a little fanfare, some good friends, and a little wine.    The 9TS and I, met Joanie and Eddie, Lee and Lorraine and Chad at a local watering hole and imbibed.  And noshed.  Well, truthfully, I noshed very little because if you've ever done yoga after eating and then done rocking horses . . . well then you know.  It was not going to be me spreading little green mistys about the room.  Not I.

The 9TS and I departed early so he could drop me off at class and head home to pull the roaster pan full of a plump little chickie, a bunch of carrots, potatoes, and onions, out of the fridge and into the oven.  The plan was that dinner would be done just as class was finished and we were walking in the door.  And it was.  Slurp.

But in the meantime, there I was in class, slightly inebriated, amongst a bunch of yogi's I don't know and no moral support . . .  meaning Miss Lee was not sitting right behind me giggling like crazy the entire time but keeping me on the straight and narrow.  I did however manage to behave on my own.thank.you.very.much.

I wish the woman behind me had done so as well.  I'd seen her before when she would use our class as her makeup.  She has a tendency to arrive late after the doors are closed and awaken the entire class from within.  Sigh.  But then she settles down and behaves.

Behavior was not on her agenda last night.  And why did she have to sit behind me???  During rocking horses, I found out.  She ripped out one really large fart.  So loud in fact that you could hear everyone's breath stop.  And then it happened.  The aroma wafted around the room.  I felt like donning a gas mask and heading for the nearest London subway.  Noses wrinkled, a giggle erupted from across the room, faces struggled to stay straight.  GAH!!

She wasn't finished.  Her cell phone went off.  And rang.  And rang.  Until our lovely, sweet, mellow instructor, lost it and yelled out, "Can't you turn that darn thing off!"   Needless to say, there was very little within that night. 

I will miss my Tuesday classes until they begin again in late August.  It will be tough.  I think I might just have to up my meds for the duration. 

Peace out, cowgirls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to you....THAT was truly a Jeanne story!! Made me laugh out loud...
Thank you....laughter is indeed the best medicine. LOL....

Paula

Anonymous said...

Jeanne,
Now you know how I feel, having missed an entire session! No one in class will recognize me AND I'll have to start from the beginning, again! Moral support is the key and I'll have Joanie to pull my foot when I snore and you laughing from afar! (across the room)

WC