Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday:  4.24
Sunday:    4.24

Yep, we walked the exact same route.  One of these times, I am going to remember some pocket change so we can stop at Panera's for a break.  I think that really was, what someone had in mind when they said 'calories out, calories in' . . .  ever tasted one of their pumpkin muffins.  Slurp!

On my loop, there have been several threads about interior decorating.  I keep wondering if they would think it odd that my living room has a giraffe, snow shoes, antique ice skates, a rifle, a red scooter . . . the first toy my father ever bought himself . . . an old fire extinguisher and several pigs.  The dining room is not much better.  It has an elephant and a wall hanging my grandmother made in 1937.

The way I look at it,  I can either be surrounded by politically correct Florida beach stuff or odds and ends that mean something to me.  I'll opt for the O/E every time.  So, yes, my barrister bookcase is stuffed with shots of my dad in high school circa 1930, an old Lionel engine, a slew of vintage G.A. Henty books, a slightly chewed upon teddy bear that belonged to my uncle, and a first edition of Tarzan and the Leopard Men, compliments of my grandfather.  Coolio!

Don't look at me like that, what's in your living room???


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me but I think you left out your real beasties!! Betcha they hang out in those rooms too.

Paula

Tinka said...

My living room, to put it kindly, is decorated in an extremely eclectic style: 2 kitty condos (1 of which is broken) a scratching board, someother cat thing which is also broken, boxes of books that are intened for the half-price store, boxes of stuff for Goodwill, boxes of scrapbooking stuff (which occupy the most square footage), and the coffee table has no clear surface as it is stacked with magazines, mail, candles and lotions. Not so kind observers might suggest the decorating style is more early-hoarder!! :o)

Tinka said...

Sorry...that should have said "intended" not intened!!