Saturday, September 24, 2011

ahn-wee . . .

EEK!  All this time I have been pronouncing it en-ew-ee.  Maybe because I have been so bored, I have been too lazy to look it up.  Yes, folks, that's right, ennui has hit the cave.

Even though we both exploded out of bed at 12:52 Thursday night.  Seems the Pipster finally managed to shove that adorable little bud vase we wanted to save  . . . the one that housed my white carnations . . . right off the top of the bookcase onto the wood floor.   Shards for miles.  A hunkered down Pippin, wide eyed, not understanding the full ramifications of  . . . if I push it just a little more . . . was peeking out from under the sofa.

Even though I was set up at Carrabba's last night but my brother-in-law and his significant other.  The table was set with a complimentary glass of wine from them and some of Jen's oh so delightfully perfect chocolate drop cookies.  These are to die for.  Literally.  They are THAT good. And a gorgeous box with THE perfect fall candle and soaps. And a card that asked me politely if I knew I had a birthday on 9/11.  Jen was not a happy camper that I had not blabbed about my birthday and went into overdrive.  Slurp!!!!

Those incidents aside, ennui abounds.   After spending the entire summer housebound, we are totally, walking zombie, head twistingly bored.  The 9TS has started walking around in circles and I am staring at piles of unfinished projects.  Nothing is getting accomplished.  Nada.  No layouts.  No sewing.  No shots.  No writing.  I haven't walked in two days.

We need a jump start.  Nothing quite so dramatic as a hurricane, thank.you.very.much, but something to rattle our cages.  Any suggestions??

EDIT:  Joanie called.  Her guests have gone.  Do I want to walk.  4.79.  Yay!

2 comments:

Anke said...

Hey, I'll walk with you anytime, just give me a whistle :) Hang in there! Make a page with the spider web photo, that is just gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

See! This is what happens when I don't come home for the weekend! Tell Dad to put that in his pipe and smoke it :P
- Goober Oscar