Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday's child is loving and giving . . .

We took off this morning for Old Time Pottery in Casselberry.  Up one aisle and down another, through storage and rugs, pet toys, linens, glassware, tableware, dishes, kitchen, frames, mirrors, pillows, wall decor and art.  Winding through Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving  . . . furniture, fabric and flowers.  We hoofed it for over two hours making sure we didn't miss a thing. 

And then we needed to find lunch and couldn't decide, until we spied TooJays.   EEEEEK, slam on the brakes, hard right turn, and through a menu chock full of the best pastrami, corned beef, liver, tongue and sundries south of NYC.  My dill chicken salad came with their homemade rye and a mini black and white cookie hit the spot for dessert.  Joanie had matzo ball soup and half of a chicken sammie.  Then we waddled next door to Mimi's to try and score a pumpkin muffin for the Kidlet, but they won't be out until the first week in October. 

I know I gained weight just reading the menus.  Slurp!

So what exactly did I score.  Nothing that exciting just a set of 12 napkins in a rusty red for my Thanksgiving table and a paper napkin holder that I have been looking for to stash my bills. 

Joanie and I . . .   two happy children loving to shop and giving back to the economy.  YAY for Friday!!
 0.00

1 comment:

joanieb147 said...

0.00 according to the pedometer...but I feel sure that we walked at least 2.57 miles in that store!