Tuesday, September 6, 2011

catching up . . .

Saturday:  5.56   and there was . . . dare I say it . . . a hint of less heat in the air.  OK, so fall won't find its way to Florida for another month, but when it comes, it is glorious!!!

Sunday:  3.79.   after yesterday's march, we opted for something short and sweet in the minimal two mile range until the 9TS looked at me plaintively and asked for two chocolate covered donuts . . . he is after all, a retired cop.  No problemo.   Duncan Donuts is right down the street . . . a tad over a mile.  Easy peasy.  Until I realized I had forgotten that they had moved.  Sigh.  But, anything for my sloth, and Joanie was a terrific sport.  Tomorrow we are taking the day off and sleeping in.

Monday:  0.00  YAY!!!  It's hot and muggy outside, but I am inside and not.

Tuesday:   6:30 a.m.   Bang!  Crash! Splat!  The three of us head out running.  There in the kitchen lays Kidlet's flowers one more time . . .  sprawled across the kitchen table.  Wetness abounds.  The salt shaker intact but contents spilled . . . R.I.P. the pepper shaker, it did not survive the mass destruction.  The paper napkin holder was sprawled on one chair, a place mat on another, napkins aflutter.  Bear is running quickly in the opposite direction  . . .  Pippin quivering on the stairs.  Hum!!!

Good thing today is yoga and lunch day.  God bless Ativan.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I can hear the catz now, "It wasn't ME, mom!"