Sunday, October 9, 2011

a most imperious slurp . . .

When I get bored, I blog hop.  Some blogs I hit daily, others intermittently.  Today, I stopped by Liv's front porch to she what she's been up to.  Scrump-deliciousness!!!!  She posted a recipe for stuffed tomatoes.  I am drooling.

But then I remembered yesterday.  Meat twice in the same day and I do not get along.  Not that the meatball subs from Sorrento's weren't just THE very best, but add pulled pork for dinner and my body was in full revolt.  Turns out, I am not a meat eater.  Not really.  Before I met my first husband, I had been a vegetarian for seven years.  Enter Mr. Meat and Potatoes and I was back on the red stuff.  When the 9TS had open heart surgery in 2000, we cut way back again.  And since Yervoy did a tap dance on his taste buds, he'd been consuming watermelon in great quantities three times a day for two months, leaving me happily to dine on mainly roasted veggies.  Slurp.

But back to Liv's recipe . . .  drool.   It dawned on me that I could happily modify it substituting chopped zucchini, mushrooms, red bell pepper and ramp up the onion, garlic and mozzarella and come up with something similar to my beloved Stuffed Eggplant, but in roasted tomatoes.  So the ingredients will be first on my shopping list for tomorrow.  I am salivating at the thought.  Thank you, Liv!

Oh and as an aside, I finally tried the new Tasti-Lee tomatoes.  My humble opinion?  I'm back to my Campari tomatoes.  The Tasti-Lee is just too expensive for a flavor undelivered.

Dinner tonight?  Mediterranean Grilled Salmon, snap peas and seasoned rice.  And truthfully, with all the rain, the salmon is going in the oven.  Today is not the day to ask the 9TS to stand in the wet stuff and grill.

Speaking of rain . . . and no, I am not complaining since we are about to enter the dry season which will last until next June . . . it's been storming, drizzling, spitting, driving and leaking since Friday.   Joanie and I waltzed in the rain Friday morning, got rained out Saturday and managed to sneak in a dry 4.71 miles this morning.  The stuff is still coming down.  Happily, it breaks long enough that we are not flooding.   Very conducive to sleeping, reading, nesting and fiddling.  I am slug, hear me roar.

No comments: