Thursday, October 27, 2011

this is why I adore Kelli, take 2 . . .

My first email of the morning, yesterday!!

"So, there is a rat that apparently scurries around every day outside Stu (the VP/GM)'s office.  He sees it out the window.  I asked him if he was sure it was a rat, or maybe just a little field mouse or something (he is, after all from England and Cincinnati, lol).  He told me it was either a very large mouse or a very small kangaroo.  LOL
 
Anyway........I had stopped going out the door right by my desk, because I didn't want to come face to face with this rat and have no where to go.  (it's a very narrow walkway path that leads to the main door.)  Well, people come and go out that door all the time, so yesterday I decided to get brave and leave out that door.
 
I came face to face with said rat.  ugh.  I texted Stu (who was on a flight to France) and told him I had finally seen the rat, and have named him Templeton.  Now I think I know why he said I constantly make him laugh.  I'm sure that's the last thing he expected to see when he was able to turn on his phone today after an all night flight, lol.  He called this morning and asked how Templeton looked......I said, well for lack of a better word, his fur looks kind of "ratty".  Then it occurred to me that's probably how that expression got started, and his fur probably looked exactly right for a rat.  And then I got the giggles and couldn't stop, all while Stu is listening on the phone from France.
 
I expect to be job hunting soon, ROFL."
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wiley cousins for the win!
- Goober