Thursday, October 20, 2011

mother nature, I adore you . . .


you, finally turned off the heat, and I in turn, finally doused the air conditioning.  It is a win-win situation.  Thank you, MN.  It's been a long six months.

My walking companion has flown the coop.  Headed north.  I am left to trek solo.  Seems I am not good at that.  Too boring.  I need to find the ear buds to my iPhone.  But I did squeak in a 2.5 mile jaunt this morning and have good intentions for a 5 miler tomorrow.  The best part of MN having turned off the heat, is that I can sleep in before walking.  No more having to get on the road by 7:30 to beat the heat.  Life is good.

For the 9TS . . . not so much.  Yesterday he was a miserable beastie a.g.a.i.n.  I called Moffitt and they slapped him back on prednisone.  We're waiting for a call back for next week.  They are talking about infusing him with another immunosuppressive drug to flush out the toxins.  Rutabaga, thy name is mud.

And the sloth is not amused by MN.  He gets cold easily and is not as thrilled as I.   But I covered him with an old fashioned afghan and Pippin settled in on top.  I am not quite sure which of the two became more content. 

No comments: