Sunday, October 2, 2011

goodness, goodness, gracious . . .

Saturday, we took off.  Ran away.  We were headed to an art festival in delightful, downtown, Deland, but apparently I was the only one who knew about it.  The city did not.  Oops.  But, as long as we were there, we decided to enjoy ourselves and wander the streets before eating at the Mainstreet Grill.  And let me tell you, the weather was oh, so beautiful.  The first day of fall weather.  High in the low 80's, even lower humidity.  Does it really get any better?

We stuck our noses in all kinds of shops.  I found a multicolored, mirrored fabric bag in one and wooden cat for my collection in another, oh and the 9TS bought me a white country crock for the kitchen.  Katie scored a onesie for her God daughter, a bird cage and a Star Wars Pez dispenser set.  We are nothing if not eclectic.

 This baby was sitting on a shelf in a restoration store.  Hum!!
Kidlet caught the 9TS and I smooching but I opted not to post that shot.  This one will do instead.
Walking along the street, Kidlet found a deserted wagon complete with sink on top.  Double hum.
Not to mention her penchant for other things enamel:
and after a while, we wandered home for dinner.  Sue had shared a recipe with me that I decided to spring on Kidlet and the 9TS.  What it lacked in flavor . . . which wasn't much and might have had something to do with my dyslexic confusion with teaspoons and tablespoons, flour vs. sugar  . . . it made up in speed.
Turned these granny smiths:
 into this rustic apple strudel: 
Slurp!!

It was a good day in our world.

Friday: 2.67
Saturday: 4.79
Sunday: 4.86

1 comment:

Sue said...

GMTA!! I did the Rustic Apple Tart last night too! Mine was a little browner on top and we didn't have ice cream with ours, but dayum was it good!

You guys are too cute! All three of you!