Sunday, October 23, 2011

what a difference a day makes . . . .

Have you ever had a colicky kid?  Kidlet was caught in the throes of it for four long months.  Incessant crying for hours and hours.  The worst day, she cried for seventeen straight hours.  Yes, I thought about drop kicking her over the back fence.  But I didn't.  There were days however when I would swaddle her, put her safely in her crib, close the door to her room and sit on the sofa and pull my hair out for an hour.  The worst thing about colic?  You know it's harder on the infant.  I mean seriously folks, she wasn't doing it because she liked the idea of a bald parent.  She was miserable and I was helpless.

Finally, at about three and a half months, there came a perfect day.  She was a happy cherub.  Life was wonderful.  The next day however, my sweet little bundle was once again red faced and screaming.  And so it went . . .  two days of colic, one day of relief.  And then, one day of colic and two days of relief and finally . . .  blessed peace.  The colic was gone.  And I was left with a sweet angel so exhausted, she slept all night and took two four hour naps during the day for months. 

Why am I telling you this?  Because today, I woke up to find the 9TS in the bathroom shaving and getting ready to go to the gym.  Gone was yesterday's heap of misery.  My sloth was his old self.  I am thankful for this day and even if tomorrow sucks, at least we had today.  Happiness and light have entered the cave.  Today, I don't feel helpless!

3 comments:

Sue said...

And hopefully on the good days, you got to restock the wine cellar!

So glad he had a day of feeling good.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day for both of you! Enjoy every minute, which I know you will!

Anonymous said...

No, it was actually all about having a bald parent ;) Does this mean the beard is gone?!
- Goober