sorry for the screaming header but Kidlet is not a happy camper on the topic of eight legged beasties and this morning's walk seemed to have a theme in keeping with the season. SPIDERS!
to set the record straight, I am not a fan either. At least I am not as squeamish as I was as a kid, but they still give me the creeps. The only difference being that at least now I can appreciate their artistic endeavors. Kidlet still despises them with an unbridled passion. She seems to have the same radar that I had growing up. If it's in the room, we'll find it. Now is the time to stop reading, Kidlet!
Joanie and I are always walking into spider webs since our trek wanders the bike paths of a nearby neighborhood. It seems we walk before the riders ride. The other day, I was flapping my gums and collected one right in the mouth. Geez. Not nice, Mother Nature.
First thing this morning, Joanie spotted this little dude:
good grief!
but then we found this delightful little woven blanket. Just in time for the temperature drop:
now you have to admit, that's some nice stitchery.
And then there was this beauty. Great design work and each of her strings are two toned. Very cool:
since I was having trouble getting a shot with my iPhone and fighting the sun, Joanie suggested I try from behind. Fat chance! I am not wandering off the path in case she belongs to some kind of knitting club and they were having a bee. Can you imagine that in the face?!!?!?!?
shudder!!!!
on the upside we finally hit the 5.0 mile walk. YAY! We rock!!!!
Monday, October 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment