yep it hit even me . . . my bedroom closet and drawers overflowth. I finally started sifting and sorting, intending to make a run to Goodwill until I took a good look, and in abject horror realized I wear things until they are dead and beyond. My "goodies" were not
good enough to pass on. So three quarters of the way around the room and four bags later, other than some relatively new flip flops and a pair of black heeled sandals Kaity put dibs on, there was nothing else that I would wish on another human being. I was astonished to realize I dress like a bag lady . . . old tee's, thread worn jeans, grungy flops. ACK!

So really, what inspired this purging? I'm going to blame it on Jackie. She loves to shop . . . me not so much. But I love hanging out with her so when she wants to hit the mall there I am. And little by little, new things have been finding their way into my closet and drawers. Saturday, we met her and Joe for dinner at Carrabba's (yum), hitting a few stores along the way. I really didn't mean to buy anything but oops . . . hence the purging. I would be suffering a major case of separation anxiety
but I stashed one old pair of jeans and a special T.
2 comments:
I dress the same way you do! Comfort has become much more important to me than style! LOL I'm getting into the "clean sweeping" thing! We've had a yard sale, made two different trips to the DAV to drop van loads off and will probably have bags waiting for them when they do their every other month drive through the neighborhood! And all without Peter Walsh's lovely accent helping me along! lol
michelle
If I had known you were in the cleaning mood, I would have invited you over to my place! I even would have made you some good old fashioned chicken and dumplings to entice you! (assuming you like C&D, lol) Good job on the purging! I really need to do that too. Let me just add it to my 15 foot long to-do list!
Post a Comment