Saturday, April 12, 2008

I know I am not supposed to . . .

but yesterday afternoon, I did it anyway . . . I snuck in some time in the sun . . . I mean unabashedly luxuriated in the warmth of the spring sun . . . cold drink and magazine in hand, I was instantly back in the day when I would spend every non-working moment at the beach frying to a delicious crisp, reading a tale of unrequited love, slurping down diet Pepsi and scarfing down an occasional chili dog from a beach concessionaire and of course cooling off in the ocean only to lay back down and bake some more . . . OK, OK, I know it's bad for you, I have the wrinkles to prove it . . . I am sending my dermatologist's children through college . . . but Lord, it felt so good. Every bone in this old body started to relax and say ahhhhhhh . . . long and loud. My reward? A new smattering of freckles and a pink blush. Now seriously, does it get any better?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Ohhhhhhh I'm jealous! I LOVE freckles! Proof that the sun loves you so much it kissed you over and over!

Sounds heavenly!

Anonymous said...

I want to whine about how much I want a day like yours but instead I'll just say I'm happy you got to experience it!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Count me as one who still loves baking on the beach and will do so any chance I get...although now, in my older and wiser days, I do use sunscreen more frequently than in my invincible youth.