Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the great shift . . .

I was wandering around Wally-World the other day, initially to pick up another heat wrap for the 9TS . . . his last having exploded in the microwave . . . think not so aromatic rice pellets EVERYWHERE!

Anyway, there I was perusing the body maintenance aisle and along came a woman of some vintage with beautifully sculpted arms and legs and a belly that looked nine months pregnant. I did a double take until it finally settled in that as we age, our body parts shift. Mine most certainly have.

At yoga, I am the only woman who cannot wear form fitting pants. Everyone else can! Why not I you ask? Because I have saddle bags. You know that weight that never quite made it to my chest, that gravitated instead, back and around and slid below the waist and just under the hips along side my tush . . . as the song goes . . . accentuate the positive. I am accentuated alright. You could load those pouches with grub and last in the desert for months.

I envy woman of a certain age who still look proportional and wonder how they avoided the dreaded collection of shifted fat cells be they on their hips, thighs, bellies, or knee caps. Yes, I have fat knees too.

Forget it, I think I will just raise my bat winged arms and fly along the thermals that promise to make today yet another excellent day in Florida.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your sense of humor GF! Funny how this thing called aging has redefined our looks!

Anke said...

Oh my, thanks for the LOL this morning! I have what they call love handles and always did. No matter how hard I trained in Karate, they were still there. What can you do. Pass me some of that grab and let's head out into the desert!