Monday, April 26, 2010

Man, it rained last night . . . poured . . . as in thunder and lightening . . . in full regalia. Mother Nature had a growth spurt. Utterly amazing. And so we went from new buds to Amazon rain forest over night. And it smells delicious . . . like only a cleansing rain can leave this earth . . . one of the few times I am convinced that you really can smell color.

And in its wake, Hawky's bush is in full bloom.


I have no idea what kind of plant it is. It is sandwiched in the depth of the jungle that has become our backyard. But every April it springs forth in bloom like a resurrection and reminds us of the joy that little gray cat gave us for all the years of his life . . . as he, Flup and Bru are all entombed at its foot.

Thank you mother nature for your grace.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous shots! And I loved your comment about Mother Nature having a "growth spurt". That was perfect!

Unknown said...

Love your photos Jeanne! I took some tonight too that I hope to post on my blog. I love your comment about being able to smell color! So true this time of year!