Monday, April 19, 2010

it came . . .

and then it went!!!

My brand new Mac arrived while we were out. Oh my!!!! According to the note left on the door, my sweet baby would be mine come 6:15 p.m. should I desire to pick it up at the FedEx depot and not wait for their second delivery attempt Tuesday morning. A no brainer.

OK, so I was excited and arrived a tad early at 6:00. The manager on duty grabbed my notice, clicked on a few buttons, glared at me and announced my bundle would drop down the chimney at precisely 6:15, as stated . . . not one minute before!

Come 6:20 I ask again. She glares at me and says: They will bring it out when it arrives.

6:30 is closing time. Just as she was getting ready to lock the doors, trapping me for all eternity, some guy wanders in with five wooden coils of water ski tow rope. Yep! And each to a different address. The MOD was clearly as unhappy with his arrival as she was about my lack of departure. She grumbled her way, not so pleasantly through his packages . . . he tacitly ignoring her.

6:45 He is done and I am still standing there waiting for the stork, while Ms. Congeniality stomps her way through her closing procedures. At 6:59, one of the drivers finally wanders in with my bundle of joy. I flash my I.D., do a snatch and run and bolt for the door . . . her heave of repugnance following me all the way to my car.

By the time I got home it was well after 7:00 and the 9TS had a rumbling tummy. I knew I had to feed him before I dove into the swaddled package of goodness.

7:42 I grab my baby . . . one of the male variety . . . cut the umbilical cord and life starts anew.

Note: This post is brought to you via my sexy, fully grown, Mac Book Pro aka MacSteamy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!