Wednesday, November 3, 2010

cancer just really, really sucks . . .

BIG TIME. And I would enter an expletive or two for good measure . . .

Katie's cat, Moak, has had a chronic herpes virus that would explode periodically, giving him a really bad head cold. Then it or something similar showed up in his belly. He's been struggling with this virus the last couple of weeks. She had an appointment to take him to the vet on Friday for a recheck but called me last night to say he was really having trouble breathing. So she called the vet this morning and got an appointment for this afternoon.

Unfortunately, along with his virus, the vet discovered cancer. The poor little fellow was put to sleep this afternoon and buried along side Hawky, Fluppy, Bru and Snoop in our little backyard cemetery. Rest in Peace, 'Grumpy Old Man', you were deeply loved by your mom and will not be soon forgotten. Amen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no, how sad. Poor little thing. I'm glad he didn't have to linger. I feel sorry for you guys having to go through that today. Always sad to lose a pet.

Shanda said...

Yes it does suck. We just lost our dad to it this morning. I can't believe his gone.

Sue said...

{{{Jeanne, Katie and 9TS}}}

I'm so sorry.

Tinka said...

I am crying as I type....I am SO very sorry. Hugs to all of you.