Sunday, November 14, 2010

saturday lunch out . . .

have I mentioned that besides our predilection for Friday night dinners at Carrabba's, we also eat out Saturday for lunch. Usually Panera's. Yes, we are boring in our culinary delights but once in a while, we break the mold and yesterday was one of those days.

At lunch Thursday with Robin, she had mentioned the Flagler Fish Company. A little place up the road still farther, where you can literally pick your hunk of fish from the display, decide the way you want it cooked, choose your sauce and generally just have it your way. My kind of place. They also have a Farmers Market up in Flagler every Friday and Saturday morning. Robin had found baby brussel sprouts, fresh rosemary and thyme, portobella mushrooms, asparagus and more. Sounded all too good to be missed.

And so, we headed back up A1A and since I wasn't driving, I got to enjoy this:
not quite as turquoise as Thursday but stunning none the less.

We got to the market late. The 9TS not being inclined to get out of bed any earlier than need be. Produce was, of course, limited and looking a little sad by then, but I still scored an avocado, some of the 9TS's favorite peppers, a tomato that actually tasted like a tomato and a huge bag of fresh basil. Yummo.
After checking out the booths, we headed to the restaurant for a little nosh.

and discovered this

and slurped up this fabulous lobster bisque

and this equally divine shrimp po' boy, which I obviously forgot to take a shot of before my hands had stuffed several bites into my mouth.

On the way home, we stopped at the meat market for a couple of filets and some fresh mozzarella to go with the tomato and basil. Let me just feast and glory in the deliciousness of yet another day in paradise.

Note to Blogger: Please fix the glitch in the new editor so I don't have to keep switching back and forth between the old and the new and settle for little tiny shots instead of great big one. Thank.you.very.much.

1 comment:

Anke said...

It sure sounds like paradise! To be able to just drive to the ocean and find these cool markets...what a dream! This is really wonderful!