Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving . . .

This day of days makes me feel warm and loved. I start cooking the night before and then all through Thanksgiving Day, but it isn't about the food, it's about the people . . . family. They gather round the TV watching the game until dinner is ready . . . those that aren't bustling around in the kitchen. And then everything comes together and there we are, seated around the table, sharing what we have to be grateful for and tucking into dinner. Lots of ribbing between siblings, teasing between spouses, catching up with grandchildren, students home from college. The house is humming with good cheer. What could possibly be better?

And now, with some headed home, and most enjoying the old cars at Turkey Rod Run, I sit in my room, listening to the silence of a house that is a home and I am grateful . . . for the 9TS, for my kidlet and the boy who makes her happy, for relatives and friends, for peace of mind. For the days we have left in which to grow older.

This truly is my day.

No comments: