Wednesday, November 10, 2010

yesterdays news . . .

The pathologist report showed that they did not get clear margins on either site.  They optimally aim for at least one cm all around a tumor, of cancer free tissue. They didn't. So the options are to go back in, do radiation therapy or let it be and see what happens in another three months.  The doctor is leaning towards letting it go, but will take the case to his board Wednesday after this and call us with their collective decision. So we don't know if stopping where the tumors hit muscle was good enough.  It doesn't mean the cancer goes deeper, nor does it mean that it doesn't. Neutral. Frustrating.

On the good news front, the 9TS is allowed back to the gym.  Up to thirty minutes on the treadmill.  And, in another two weeks, he can go back to doing upper body exercises.  Happiness for the gym rat!  He has missed all the other rats at Gold's.  They run in packs, squeaking on their treadmills, squealing around the water cooler, flexing their little rat muscles.  They have names like Warren, Elliot, Gill and Dick but I know their real names are Rizzo, Ratatouille, Ratty Fatty Arbuckle and Throckmorton.  It is an exclusive club of Rattus Rodents and the 9TS has missed his pack.  Today his whiskers will twitch in anticipation.  Hooray!
artist unknown
 
And just so you know I am not a total slug, I rode with the 9TS to the gym and walked the 2.5 miles home.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry they didn't get it all but hopefully the team will know best how to handle it.
I swear you should be a commercial writer. I'm LOL reading about the pack of rats! Great illustration too!
Enjoy 9TS!

farabee said...

Trying to keep up with your saga. I agree with Jana....you should be a writer!

Anxious to hear what "the team" says. Keep your chin up...

Anke said...

I always tell you that you should be writing. You should try short stories or something like that, you'd be awesome!!! You always crack me up with your stories! :)