The Amazing Dr. Z. called this afternoon. The board is recommending radiation therapy again. The 9TS is not particularly enthralled. They will make us an appointment to meet with Dr. Rao, their head of radiology. He and his sidekick Lauren, are really nice people. We got to know them the last go around. Sigh.
However, when I asked the Amazing Dr. Z. about the possibility of having the radiation done locally, he said he didn't see why not. Hooray. Now that is good news. Not having to spend the holidays in Hope Lodge is a Christmas gift all in itself!!!!
In the midst of contemplating this next step, the hardwood floor is going in the kidlet's room starting tomorrow morning and should be done Friday. And, the new screen door arrived Monday afternoon. The cave is getting a little snazzy lately. Guess the next thing will be indoor plumbing . . .
Yesterday, the twins were due at the vet's for their annual check-ups at 2:45. Good thing we started early because there was no way my gentle giant, Bear, was going into his carrier without a major fight. I have the scratches to prove it. Blood, guts and gore. All mine. We tried nose first, feet first, being poured in. Poor fellow. Finally, I think he just got tired of fighting and in he went. Ninja was only a little better and once at the vet's, she promptly hid in the sink of the examine room. Of course packing them up to leave is a breeze, open the crate doors and in they go. Bear serenaded us all the way there and all the way home. Too bad he only knows one song.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Indoor plumbing. You ARE moving up in the world! Guess I won't need to save my Sears Roebuck catalogs for you any more. Great news on them being able to do the treatments over yonder.
Our two are the same way. Going To the vet is a major undertaking. Coming home, as soon as he turns them loose, they are in the crate!
I guess that is good and bad news! Too bad he will need radiation again but being able to do it around home is a major advantage. I will keep praying for him!
I hear you about the cat thing. Our vet told me to put the carrier with the door on top and put the cat in tail first. It actually works!
Post a Comment