
Swirling sky and all. Amazing how different the inter-coastal looks just after a storm. Gorgeous really. And so we walked. Up one side, down and around the other, back up, down and around. Repeat. It's a good hike. I was slowing and huffing and puffing as we came to the finish line, but it felt good.
What wasn't so great was the number of fair weather farmers who apparently decided Mother Nature was too great a foe. Or maybe they too just wanted to stay under the covers a little later on a Thursday morning. Who's to judge. Not I. I am queen of snooze.
But we were not giving up without a fight, on our road to garnering Michelle's now world famous pumpkin bread. We went to La's to see if she had made it that far. She hadn't but her mother, who works when Michelle is busy baking, called her at home and we arranged to pick up our bread today. And why is Michelle's bread now world famous? Because of a review in the local rag. Front and center on the entertainment section. Michelle and her deliciousness. Oh, boy, it's a good thing they reserve us a table every Tuesday morning or we'd be in the back of the line fighting the crowds now that the world knows.
Back in the car, we stopped to show my friend some old sugar mill ruins but between Mother Nature and mosquitoes the size of very chubby bumble bees, we beat a hasty retreat.
After some homemade bruschetta for lunch, the 9TS and I headed out for an appointment followed by a little side trip to Sonic. And I wonder why I gain weight. Wooeee, their malted shakes are yummy.
Off once more, I am meeting friends at another establishment for libation to fortify ourselves for our make-up yoga class. Yep, I said it. Lee and I went to yoga ever so slightly inebriated. Lord help us but we did. I must say, my 'within' was quite easy to reach. It was the squelching of burbs and other bodily noises that was difficult and those spinal rocks? No way. Balance was a little tricky too . . . my leg does not extend straight out while being held by the same side hand. Not in this life time and certainly not when less than sober. All of which could have been suffered in silence if it had not been for the giggling from behind me from that wild child, Lee, who was happily snorting her way through class. Yep, Lee, I heard!!!
And so it goes. Life is ultimately good.
1 comment:
We make Thursday night Yoga so much fun, it would ALMOST be worth missing Tuesday just to have a makeup session. OR we could pretend we're going to Yoga and meet at the favorite spot!
Is there a knot on THY head from making contact with the wall last night? I could snicker because teach couldn't see me, tucked behind you.
WC PS: We need Joanie to join us!
Post a Comment