Saturday night we went to the 9TS's grand nephew's high school graduation. Whew. Did I get that right? It's really confusing in our family. My BIL and his significant other have the same grandson . . . he who graduated. His son married her daughter . . . but are no longer married. Which means the grand nephew had his mom and her family and his dad and his family. Technically, we should be part of his father's group but we aren't. We belong to the other side. Let's just say you could cut the tension with a knife when we all met outside after the ceremony.
But let's go back a moment. Here we are happily ensconced in the nose bleed section:
It brought back memories of 2006 when Kidlet graduated in this same venue. Sniff. Sniff. They both went to the same high school which happens to have an outstanding music department. When they started with the national anthem, my goose bumps appeared. When the valedictorian gave his speech, they popped up their heads once again. But when the 600+ newly graduated students threw their mortar boards in the air, they ran up one arm, marched across my neck, slithered down my back, and skipped across my chest. I thought I might fall out of my seat. There is nothing like a good graduation with families hootin' and hollerin' for their kids. Yes, Virginia, I live in the south.
Once outside, it took us quite some time to find our graduate. It was mayhem at the convention center. But when we did, he was all smiles. Here he is with his mom and her fiance.
He had his own little entourage. There were fifteen of us plus his girl friend. So multiply plus or minus 15 x 600 and you have some idea of the crowd.
Congratulations Scott, you ROCKED it. See, I just got goose bumps again.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm not quite sure everyone else's group had 15, just saying. I wish it could have been 16 - stupid Number Theory :(
Post a Comment