Friday, May 13, 2011

your move . . .

yesterday we faxed and emailed everyone their respective paperwork.  today our insurance company called saying they happily received their share of the forest . . . but did not get the referral papers.

another call to Moffitt. they have a landslide of patients waiting for approval for IPI.  panicking, I asked where the 9TS stood in this onslaught. fortunately, his oncologist red lined he and another patient to the top of the list.  he has been approved by Moffitt for the infusions but again, their pharmacy will not order the drug until they are assured the $120,000.00 is in their pocket.

and so, caught off guard by the plethora of patients wanting the meds, they are forming a committee to handle the chaos.  translate that to mean:  our people will contact your people.  and so we wait.  we are now looking toward the end of May or beginning of June.

I don't like this game.  I want to take my toys and go home.

1 comment:

Sue said...

How many more hoops.......?

Fingers crossed and prayers being sent that everything gets approved sooner rather than later.