got up at 7:30 to hoof it around the block a few times with my friend and neighbor, Jovial Joan. She is much fun to gallivant around with . . . mostly because she lets me be me and lets me babble about all things inane.
Made it home just before the cleaning people knocked on the door. According to them, my house is clean just furry. Now why didn't I realize that. In the two weeks since they were last here, my Animal sucked up 2.5 bags of fur. That's roughly a five week old kitten.
While they cleaned, I ran loads of sheets through the laundry and made #7. And if you look closely, after much practice with its predecessors, I still some how managed to make the plackets on the wrong intersections and after fooling around a bit, created a new design element. Well, that's my version and I'm sticking to it.
Oh and for anyone who knows me well enough, yes that is the left over home decorator fabric that I used to cover the cornice board in the kitchen the time I painted it adobe puke.
And since the 9TS returned from the gym and his luncheon date with the 'boys', he was here to hold down the fort while I went grocery shopping. My question of the day . . . why do they stop carrying the things we eat the most. The 9TS inhales Skippy Creamy Reduced Fat peanut butter which has now been shoved from the shelves to make way for more generic brands. Boo. Hiss. What is the sloth going to do for his midnight munchies???
But as I waddle home with my goodies and start to unpack in the kitchen, my sparkling white floor is sparkling no more. In the thirty seven minutes it took to run to Publix and back, someone decided . . . after using the litter box, to drag their not so clean butt across the tile. And whoever it was, had to pass a bathroom on the way and could very well have made a pit stop and used toilet paper, but oh no, there went my clean floor.
We are now unpacked and waiting for the screen man to make his second appearance in as many days to secure the cage and replace two panels of screening. When he is done, I am moving into the pool for the season, so if you meet me on the street and I look just a wee bit pruney, you'll know the reason.
Oh, and while we're at it, let me explain my face or as Christine said, "OH MY GOODNESS, what happened to you?" Monday night, we decided to order pizza from our favorite place but when it arrived, it was decidedly cold. Being a hot pizza fan, I popped my slices into the oven. A few minutes later, out it came, all bubbly, delicious and totally needing to be eaten. As I chomped down with my first bite, the hot cheese slid off the pie and onto my face. When I wiped the steaming mozzarella off my chin, the top layer of me came too. OWIE! Two days later it is looking worse than it did originally. Sigh. Good thing I am older than dirt and have pretty much given up vanity. I mean really, how vain can you get when your wrinkles have slid way past your face, down your neck and onto your . . . oh never mind. No need to get graphic.
And so, I am going to pour a nice glass of Cabernet, fluff the pillows, crown myself queen dork of the day and relax. Wanna join me???
Friday, May 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment