Sunday, June 19, 2011

oops . . .

My left foot hit the floor.  No problem.  My right immediately followed, lest I fall out of bed in a twisted mess.  No problem.  Took my first step.  Problem.  Seems yesterdays romp in the pool irritated the ______  (insert word of choice.  I picked a doozie.) out of my calf muscles. 

Them:       What do you expect after all those toe raises?  Warm chocolate chip cookies served in bed?

Me:           Why yes, that would be lovely.

Them:       Not!!!!

Me:           Listen, it was for your own good.  You have been sedentary for way to long.  You needed exercise.

Them:       Did you have to take such glee?  Counting to 200 like you were some type of super woman while we were doing all the work.  "Slow down," we pleaded.  Did you listen?  No.  Do you hear us now?????

Me:          Yes I hear you.  Sigh.  This is annoying, would you kindly take a break and loosen up?

Them:      Not until you have paid dearly.  This is going to be a long day, Sugar Plum.

Me:         You have about 28 minutes before I head back in the pool, you miserable toads.

Them:     NO! NO! NO!  We beg of you.  Not the pool again.  Please.  Grovel.  Grovel.  Beg.

Me:         ::::smirk::::

2 comments:

Sue said...

:::jumping up and down::: ohhh...pick me...I know a GOOD word to use!!!

Hope your toesies are feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

REALLY punish your body, Use the pool in Tampa and make every part suffer! (if you can still move!!) LOL
WC