the window of the loft . . . my work space . . . sits a few feet above the pool cage. It is a magnet for beasties large and small. The largest being a particularly gruesome turkey buzzard who once stared back at me with nary a blink. The smallest, a diligent spider who keeps building geometric webs the width of the pane, between the glass and the screen. I regularly eradicate his masterpieces and he regularly shrugs his eight little shoulders and goes back to work.
Yesterday, Pippin was mesmerized by something in that vicinity. I could hear her chattering and could see her dance, bobbing and weaving against the glass. I finally got up to investigate. A miniature alligator had somehow managed to wedge his small plump body under the edge of the screen and was trapped. Pippin was fascinated. Hours of feline entertainment. Today, I will open the window, release the reptile and erase the wee ones artwork.
Last night when Kidlet called. I relayed the story. Kidlet being a bit more realistic than I, would mutter 'Lizard' every time I said 'Alligator'. It held up conversation a bit, but I do understand her point . . . Finally, she suggested I start a new blog, strictly from Pippin's perspective. Hum. I'm thinking: Pippin, Ninja and Bear, Oh My. Then again, how many cats can read. Audience level would be at an all time low. Sigh.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had to read through a bunch of posts to get up to date with your life You are such a hoot, you make everything sound so funny. I am glad the 9Ts is stilling hanging in there well and that the meds are working!
Love the alligator story LOL, I remember the story about the buzzard in that window.
Hang in there girl! You guys are doing great (and i have to try that tomato recipe, that sounds awesome!!
Savannah loves to stalk the mini gators on our porch. When she catches them, she eats the tail. Juuust the tail. Then in 15-30 min, it comes back up. Such fun. NOT!
Viva la Pippin!
Post a Comment