The 9TS met with a pain management physician here in town on Friday. She prescribed Gabapentin for the nerve pain caused by the surgical removal of the bottom lobe of his right lung eighteen months ago and by the pain those rascals Mel and Anoma are causing within the ribs.. It's one of those drugs that needs to be increased in small increments before its full benefits are recognized. Hopefully, it will do what it is supposed to and change the way the body senses pain . . . meaning, the 9TS will no longer feel the pain. I vote for that. If it works . . . one in three chance . . . he can reduce the amount of morphine taken on a daily basis. YAY!!!
He also starts PT this week so they can show my favorite gym rat what he can and cannot do for exercise.
In other news, Kidlet texted me at 2:13 a.m. last night to tell me she was home safely and I could now sleep. How well she knows me. Gotta love that kid.
And before I forget, a very Happy New Year to you all.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so hope 2012 brings him relief.
Happy New Year to you.
And a Happy New Year to you & yours!!
Paula
Post a Comment