Saturday, January 14, 2012

it's just been one of those weeks . . .

The medical whirlwind who is my sloth, completed day three of PT, had his Gabapentin upped and Methylphenidate added.  He is a veritable pharmacopoeia unto himself.  He also has a new pain gel coming from a compounding pharmacy over in Inverness. I think he needs a secretary  . . . oh wait, that's me.

Kidlet and I tried to drown ourselves in the bathtub in an attempt to remove all the medical gook from her hair.  She who had spent the previous night in a sleep lab hooked up to monitors, came home with something similar to Desitin plastered in spots all over her head.  I used large quantities of shampoo and water before we could even raise the first bubble.  Finally after several washes/rinses and a session with a rat tooth comb, the mess was gone.  Unfortunately, Kidlet resembled a drowned rat and I was sopping.

I have a new favorite meal at La's.  I keep meaning to take a shot but for some reason, the food hits my mouth before thoughts of a camera ever surface.  Suffice it say, it a quesidilla filled with chicken, spinach, tomato and mozzarella and topped with a spicy remoulade sauce.  Slurp!

A new Photoshop Friday lesson appeared and of course I had to play:
 Credits:  template:  Jessica Sprague, papers:  Carina Gardiner & Dawn Inskip, Brushes:  Anna Aspnes, everything else from the PSF megakit.

And in case you don't recognize the little beastie, that is Pippin trying to conquer the ladder just because she can.  It's a good thing the a/c guys put a cover over the temporary hole in the ceiling or we would be chasing her all around the attic.  Ah, but it is good to have heat again!

Hopefully, next week will be calmer.  Fingers crossed she said as she glared upwards toward the Gods.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Inverness?! Cereally?! There is no closer compounding pharm closer to you?! With all of the "nearly deads" ovah heah, we've got them on every other street corner.