It really is the most profound explanation of loss I have ever read. And this explains exactly how I feel:
"My emotions sit at the bottom of my eyes. I blink often to keep them from rising any higher."
Needless to say, our appointment at Moffitt did not go well today. Our oncologist was close to tears explaining that melanoma was winning the battle. It is the cancer that leaves him exhausted most of the time. It is the cancer that has stolen his appetite and left a wake of pain. Although we will meet with their pain intervention team and get more scans done next month, there will be no more medical intervention for the foreseeable future.
My emotions fell from my eyes.
2 comments:
I too am a Dooce follower and was shocked at her post.
My heart is bleeding for you and Sloth. I have emotions falling from my eyes as well.
So sorry for this turn of events. You and your husband are in my heart.
Celeste
Post a Comment