Wednesday, January 11, 2012

sloth update #7957 . . .

the Gabapentin seems to be helping.  Nothing like a little brain altering medicine to help with the pain  . . .   haven't I been advocating that as far back as 1969.   Hum, I seem not to remember, we're talking brain cells after all.  You can breathe again Kidlet, your mom is kidding.  Mostly.

He has also started physical therapy.  Stretches and strengthening exercises for his weakened left leg.  It's making him feel better so I vote for it.  They cannot or will not use their magic machine until we have clearance from Dr. K.  Something about liability for spreading the cancer.  Oh, and if your wondering about the specifics of their 'magic machine' you have to ask them.  Some type of ultra sound or something.  I had it done once to my slightly destroyed right shoulder and chalked it up to quackery but fool me once, it worked.

So now I drive the 9TS to the gym most mornings and he walks the treadmill and kibbutzes with his brother gym rats.  On the days he doesn't want to go, I know Mel and Anoma are doing their cardio exercises and it's time to up the morphine.  

On the home front, our yoga teacher tried to kill us Tuesday.  It's not our fault she closes down from mid December to mid January.  But after one too many sun salutations, my body admitted defeat and my thighs are still burning?  In which direction is this woman's moral compass pointing and since when did hell get added to the 360 degrees of that circle. 

I will have a better attitude come next Tuesday.  Hopefully.

Kidlet had to change some classes around and now has Thursdays and Fridays free.  She'll be home either late tonight or tomorrow.  The sun always shines just a little bit brighter when she is home.  p.s.  don't tell her that.  The sunshine makes her head swell.  

Oh, and my new  favorite song:  Red Solo Cup.  Makes me smile.  It's the redneck in me.

And, last but not least, this is how Pippin falls asleep:

1 comment:

Sue said...

Red Solo Cup...I lift you up...lets have a party! OMG! Lurve me some TK!!

Glad to hear the sloth is finally feeling better. Most days anyway.