Saturday, November 13, 2010

babysitting . . .

I am babysitting a friend's two cats; Annie and Athena.  Annie is such a sweet heart and comes running when she hears the key in the door.  Athena, not so much.  She prefers her privacy.  Wednesday mornings conversation:

Annie:  Oooh Hello, let me rub your legs. 
Athena:  I am hiding, you can't see me.  I have my fingers in my ears.   LA LA LA LA  LA
Annie:  Ohhhhhhh rub me more.  More. more. more.  Ohhhh, don't stop
Athena:  I don't care who you are, you are not my mommy.  I am not coming out.  LA LA LA LA
Annie:  Ohhh, ohhhh right there.  That's the spot.  Ohhhhhhh.  Purrfect!!!
Athena:  I don't care if you do get down on your hands and knees and then lay on the carpet.  This is not yoga and I am not coming out.
Annie:  Ohhhhh, once more above the tail, please, please, ahhhhhhhh.
Athena:  You put that arm under my bed one more time and I am going to skitter further to the other side.  So there. LA LA LA LA LA
Annie:  Ohhhhhh, my chin.  My chin.  My chin. 
Athena:  Go away.  I can't hear you.  LA LA LA LA LA
Annie:  I can hear you, lower please.  Ohhhh. yes, right there. 
Annie:  See Athena.  See what you are missing. 
Athena:  Nada.  She's not mommy.  I am older and smarter than you, you dumb bunny.
Annie:  Who cares.  She rubs so well, I don't even want to play with her.  Just let her rub.
Athena:  Harrumph!
Annie:  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

Anke said...

too cute! Your conversations are always hilarious!!!