Monday, March 7, 2011

Grand Turk . . .

Off the boat and into a brand new shopping center . . . the old one having been removed by Mother Nature. The problem was that it really hadn't any island flavor. I can hit RonJon's here in Florida and the other stores were equally as boring. So I dragged the 9TS over to the taxi stand and we head into town. Town seems to consist of one building on one side of the road and four little shops on the other, but still we wandered and met the locals:

and some more:

and these guys:

and this sleepy fellow:

and bedroom eyes:

and these high level snoozers:

but other than the locals, there was so much beauty here:

and here:

and oh! my Lord, this:

which more than makes up for this disaster:

hee hee hee. snort.

And so our cruise comes to an end. Well not really but I didn't take very many shots on the last sea day thinking it so much more wonderful to lay out on deck all day with my favorite sloth and enjoy. Oh, yes we did!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thank you once again for taking me along on your vacay! I could *almost* taste the salt air!!