Saturday, March 5, 2011

tortola . . .

I liked Tortola. I really did. But sometimes when I look at the shots taken, I wonder why they don't match my memories. I remember it better than these pictures. Much.

Off the boat, we walked past the shanty shops and the local transportation, all offering tours of the island.

and the old man with his donkey, selling photo-ops for a buck:

and then we headed off to find Pusser's which every website touted as a must see:

and since they served you know what, the 9TS was happy:

and then we passed this confusing sign:

and opted to adventure down the back streets:

and fell in love. I had to buy a bumper sticker of this. Yes, I am a tourist . . . and if you look carefully, you can see me in the reflection, taking the shot. The only shot of me you are likely to see in the next 4792 years . . .

and take shots of workers, like this:

and then we did some damage in the duty free shop. And waved goodbye.

No comments: