Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Muppets: Beaker's Ballad and other schtick . . .



They entertained my kidlet for hours when she was little. we even took her to see the Muppets live. For the record, she didn't love them so much up close and personal. She liked them a whole lot better a little more contained, as in stuck in the screen in the living room . . . but none the less, she would sing about the foibles of being green along with Kermie . . . had a little jealousy thing going on with Miss Moi Piggy . . . her favorite character was Gonzo. I never quite got that attraction but does it really matter who a little girls first love is? Somewhere in this house, stashed tenderly away, are all the Muppet movies that I copied from TV back in the day.

My personal favorite was Rizzo the rat. Gotta love the deviously little creature. I will always have a warm space for him inside my black pitted little heart.

I felt like wearing a black arm band the day Jim Henson met his maker. The only thing that kept me from tears was the consoling thought that up in heaven somewhere, were rows of little kidlets laughing hysterically at the antics of the master and his creations. Hats off to you Jim.

No comments: