one horned, flying purple people eater!
Dear Lord! How do I get myself into these things?
When we were in Antigua, we found this nifty little store where I discovered a really funky shoulder tote in different weaves of purple fabric. Perfecto said I.
After wearing it the next day, I realized that my beige capris were now purple on one side. Hum, we seem to have a bleeder on our hands. No problemo, we will wash it when we get home to rid it of the excess dye. Do you see where this is going???? I didn't. Not I.
Do into the sink it goes. The water immediately turns a deep dark shade of purple as I commence rinsing. One sink full, two sink fulls. Twenty sink fulls later and I am getting nervous. What if the dye never comes out. I add some Ivory soap. Ten more sink fulls later, thinking about my water bill, I am starting to panic but not as much as I do when I finally look at my sink itself:
or even my hands:
and nooooooooooooo, that is not nail polish and it doesn't come off with nail polish remover. Trust me I tried.
And finally after about 36 sink fulls, I got to this color:
and gave up. It is now drip drying in a tub lined with plastic bag.
My sink came relatively clean. One more scrubbing with Comet and it will be good to go. Once the tote dries, it should be good to go too, especially if worn with jeans.
But my hands? Alas, they are still purple as purple can be and this is Friday and that means Carrabba's. ACK! I will be eating Polo Rosa Marie with purple hands. Do you think it is too late for rubber gloves????
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Have you tried washing your hair with sheap shampoo? It works getting ink off your hands. Maybe it would do the same with the lovely lavender. Or is that aubergine?!
"CHEAP" not sheap! Which should be Sheep!
I am so happy that you had a great time, your photos are wonderful! How awesome that the 9Ts had a good time, I loved seeing him zipping through the jungle. How cool is that!
As for that purse, I don't know what to say :)
Just because I missed Yoga doesn't mean I'm "chopped liver!" I didn't see any pictures.
WC
Post a Comment