Thursday, March 24, 2011

just one of those days . . .

This post is supposed to be about my latest project. I had figured to finish it today but instead, I went to lunch with my old friend Robin. Not that Robin is old mind you, but we've been friends since the mid 80's. In fact it was Robin who gave the kidlet her first pair of high top sneaks when she first learned to walk. The kidlet rocked those blue on teal Reeboks.

Some days, it's just really good to sit in the company of someone who is oh so comfortable to be with. Robin has been through a tough time lately, trying to come to terms with the death of a dear friend she lost to cancer. I don't think you ever 'come to terms', I think the pain finally dissipates enough to let you breathe. One breath at a time until you can finally get your lungs full once again. And so we took the word out of the closet and talked about cancer. Roni's, the 9TS's, her dad's, my mother's, so many people affected. And finally, little bursts of laughter would bubble to the surface.

And thus, we drank our lunch. Slosh. It's been donkey's ages since I have done that. Slosh. Sitting in the Flagler Fish Company yakking about life and death. Slosh. Finally, it was time to head home. As in get in the car to drive . . . Slosh . . . I think that I shouldn't but like most, I made my justifications and slowly, mindfully, made my way home. Slosh. And fell asleep. Zonk. And was awaken by my phone. Hello? It was Robin making sure I was OK. Yes. Zonk.

But before lunch, I pulled over and parked and was immediately accompanied by this beauty:

isn't it gorgeous?

Do you see the reflection of my jelly bean and me in the chrome?? Coolio.

And just one more shot because I can't stand what a wonderful machine it is:

now, if you're thinking I got pulled over by the cops, you are wrong. This baby was ridden by a young man in his early 80's and his equally charming wife and they were there to celebrate his birthday. The new back seat had just been installed since wife was feeling a little uneasy on the old one . . . afraid she might slip off. Happy Birthday Mr. Man on a restored Harley!!!! Happy Birthday indeed!!!

No comments: