Sunday, March 27, 2011

this and that . . .

my ancient little Miata has had her bath. Tonight's chicken is getting ready for its debut. We are cleared for the 9TS's appointment with Dr. Kudchadkar on Tuesday, the litter is scooped and the beds made . . . today is free and clear.

Back to the chicken. It got a bath too! In a yogurt, freshly chopped cilantro, massala, olive oil and garlic marinade. But we had to wait until the 9TS left for the gym. There are very few things the sloth refuses to eat. Yogurt, unfortunately is one of them. On the up side, he rarely knows when I have sneaked some into a dish. This will be one of them. I hope.

Anyway, tonight's menu is roasted chicken pieces on a bed of thinly sliced onions, served with red beans and rice. YAY! I get to try out my Caribbean spices and hot sauce. No hot sauce for my hot tamale though, he gets the mellow version . . . gastritis you know.

And then we are off to the Home Show. We like to wander through the convention center and watch the chefs peddle their wares, the hurricane shutter salesman trying to out shout each other and the News Journal circulation staff hawking their rag. There are aluminum siding people, hot tubs folks, insurance salesmen, furniture foisters, plant potters . . . it's an extravaganza of oddities. My favorite thing to do is people watch. Last years prize winner was the woman with the black and white striped Mohawk and white spots dyed on the rest of her gruffly shaved head. She was in her mid 50's. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!!

I am going to sneak in a little nap before we go. I have a cuddle buddy. She is currently asleep in my arm pit . . . the only time she has been calm in three days of zipping here and there on high speed. Ah, the energy of youth.

EDIT: The 9TS went back for seconds on the chicken. It was moist and tender and oh so yummy. Then of course he got suspicious and suddenly announced in an accusatory tone, "There was yogurt in it." "How do you know", I squeaked. "I saw you buy it", he grumbled. After half an hour of mumbling, he finally confessed that he'd eat it again. That's my sloth!!!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Isn't it amazing the things they don't think they like that they will eat if they know it's not in there?!