My phone has been on the fritz for quite some time. At first, it simply would not rotate when I wanted to use it horizontally, which is the only way I use it. Then it wouldn't pull up my sim card numbers. When I reproached it, it would acquiesce and begrudgingly oblige. Yesterday, however, it told me it could only be used as an emergency phone and refused to do otherwise, so after dinner at Carrabba's, the 9TS and I marched its gnarly little butt into the ATT store for some remedial help. Still it misbehaved . . . refusing to budge. We tried to placate it with a new sim card. It rebelled. We tried pleading. Begging. Groveling even. All to no avail.
While the wonderful phone rep . . . yes, i said wonderful . . . searched the net for another Nokia Surge, I started to wander the store. Lust was just around the corner. The 9TS found the iPhone display. The Apple logo melded into my brain. A light awakened. I fondled it. I caressed it. I fell in love. Deeply.
I looked back with mixed feelings at my old recalcitrant friend. He and I had had similar feelings for well over a year. Could I just dump him? Forget the past so easily?
YES, why yes I could!!! Take that you old fickle fiend!!!!
And now back at the display, my heart was pumping madly, I was light headed. I was . . . well, you know. After a quick introduction, the two of us left the store hand in hand, the 9TS bringing up the rear. On the way home, I texted the Kidlet to tell her the news.
Immediately, my new best bud trilled his song. The Kidlet was sputtering. YOU got an iPhone??? She has always been our gadget guru. She is our guinea pig. She was clearly not happy that mom had an iPhone. Mom, in this regard, being an ancient dinosaur who would surely not appreciate the finer nuances of this incredible handy-dandy machine. Ah, such is the power and seduction of the iPhone.
But, life goes on and mine now includes the iPhone 4.
p.s. the Kidlet has offered her nuance services. yay!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I told you I'm a "Technotard." I just want my phone to ring, I say "Hello" and someone replies. I tried to answer text msg. yesterday. I could still be working on it so I called! Good luck, but you are a mere child!
I don't even know how to sign onto your blog with anything but Anonymous.
Wild Child
Congratulations! And this explains your e-mail that said "Sent from my iPhone"!
I'm not unhappy, just really, really surprised. This is the same mother who would say, "I like my simple phone" or "All I need is a sliding keyboard" or "I don't want a smart phone". And now you have the mecca of smart phones.
And I might be a little jealous. But then I remember how well my phone and iPod work together, and I realize the only update I could possible want is the new iPod touch (it has a camera). And I don't have to pay $30+ a month :)
Post a Comment