Thursday, December 16, 2010

cookie day . . .

today was THAT day . . . you know the one. It's the day around the holidays where the flour flies, the sugar glistens, the butter melts, the chips chop. COOKIE day is here.

So I went downstairs thinking I had purchased everything I needed for chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mint chip cookies and cinnamon oatmeal cookie bars. Seems my brain was not quite intact at the grocery store . . . not enough butter. Thankfully, the kidlet offered to run out for more . . . proving the lengths she will go for cookie dough. Remember, it is freezing out there!!!!

Any way, I managed to make quite a mess:


but when this is what comes out. Magic!



Now to guard them with my life until they can be distributed to the good doctor, her mighty minions, and Hope and Hannah at Carrabba's. And yes, kidlet, there are still some left over.

p.s. the cookie bars are still cooling and I am too lazy to go grab a shot . . . slug that I am.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'll have a chocolate mint cookie please ma'am!