I love the holidays! And, they love me. My hips are expanding with each little morsel that comes my way. Sugared walnuts . . . homemade yummo. Handmade fudge with nuts. Let me rest in peace. Orange cinnamon bread . . . need I say more. Cookies overfloweth. It's revenge of the sugar monster . . . bless his calorie ridden little hide. And a huge thanks to my friends that keep filling my kitchen and loved ones with goodness. May we all happily explode with wassail and biscotti.
Tomorrow the 9TS will rumble through the kitchen making airships, veds (fish soup), gravy, stuffed manicotti, macaroni, fried smelts, shrimp, and the like. Let the Feast of the Seven Fishes begin. The table will be overflowing, the aroma delicious, the family assembled, presents opened. This is Christmas. Hooray.
And Saturday, we will dwindle to two by mid-morning. The kidlet will have returned to her apartment to spend Christmas with Ryan and his family. The 9TS and I will have a simple nosh of prime rib, oven roasted taters, roasted brussel sprouts, hot rolls and butter. And then we will fizzle into one large blob of happiness and spend the next week recovering.
Why am I telling you all of this in advance? Because things tend to get a little wild and wooley and on the off chance that I don't get a chance to blog, I wanted to wish each and everyone of you a safe, warm and healthy Merry Christmas from the 9TS, the kidlet and I . . . or is it me? May all your wishes come true, may peace be yours . . .
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Merry Christmas to you & your family from me & Dave. May you be blessed with warmth & love at this "most wonderful time of the year." And a healthy & happy New Year, too.
Paula
Merry Merry Christmas, Jeanne!
Post a Comment