someone asked me how "just do it" was working out for me. Truth is, it's working quite well, thank you very much. It makes me happy to look around and see all those nagging little to-dos done. Not that all my ducks are in a row but enough so that it makes me smile and that is worth it all!
My neighbor recommended picking up a copy of Real Simple, the magazine, and so I did. And lo and behold, there in the front, is an article on what makes one happy . . . and the general consensus is "the little things". See! 'Just do it' is my simple thing . . . right up there with Charles Shultz' warm puppy. And, there was a William Butler Yeats quote that just spoke to me because I have a tendency to look at life a little upside down now and again: "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." Perfect in a confounding sort of way.
The 9TS bought me a Tyler Florence cookbook for Christmas. He is one of my all time favorite chefs . . . ever since I invited the troops over for dinner and served his phenomenal melt in your mouth.cut it with a fork.lick your fingers, roast pork. Good to the last slurp. Thus, I made his chicken soup this afternoon and it was easy peasy using a store bought rotisserie chicken. I am used to cooking things long and slow and when this turned out to be fast and simple, I questioned exactly how good it could be until I tasted it. Slurp! Another winner.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment