Thursday, December 16, 2010

one friday . . .

Since forever, I have dreamed of being rich and famous and having a three stone diamond ring on my right hand. Well, we all dream about something right?

Somewhere I mentioned it to the 9TS. I mean some fifteen or so years ago. And then maybe eleven years ago and maybe then three. It was never something really being on our agenda . . . that being the way of dreams.

Back up to a couple of weeks ago, the 9TS and I were found noshing down at Carrabba's as usual deciding what to do after dinner . . . the 9TS voting for a trip to the mall. As we were meandering through the Friday night shoppers, I realized I had lost the sloth. MIA. I turned and found him at a jewelry counter. Don't you dare I said . . . thinking of the siding that needs to be repaired. He smiled. Don't even think about it I snarled . . . thinking about the work needed doing in the bathroom. He grinned an evil grin.

Later, totally fascinated with the bling on my finger, the 9TS said to me: "When you get sad or upset, look at the ring and think of me. It will make you happy again." Is it any wonder I so deeply love the 9TS.

No comments: