for someone who likes, nay, requires their ducks to be in a row . . . a very straight row, with very even spacing, I am a huge procrastinator. I can put anything off. The problem being when you mix procrastination with ducks, chaos reigns. You're stuck in the land of procrast.a.duckin. A very bad place. A place causing major angst. Stress erupts. Nothing gets done and next thing you know, those darn ducks are swimming helter-skelter all over the pond.
And so, I have a new mantra. JUST DO IT! I started this morning and it works. Pass the litter box? Swoop in and clean it. Tired of looking at the wrench set for in-line skates sitting on the dryer? Scoop them up, along with the dusty old roll of electrical tape and put them where they belong in the garage. Easy.Peasy. It works in other rooms too. Dirty glass in the sink? Rinse that puppy out and slam dunk it into the dishwasher. Papers on the kitchen table that need to go upstairs? Give them a free ride.
All of a sudden those ducks are lining up in military order and the stress is seeping away better than a good warm bath. Oh, how wonderful it feels. Try it. I highly recommend it. Just do it!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My ducks are untameable. So when you get yours all line up, you can come over heah and give mine a whirl!
Post a Comment