Wednesday, December 15, 2010

baby it's cold outside . . .

27 degrees to be exact and I am not getting out of bed. Well at least for another few minutes. I need to get the potatoes and carrots peeled, the corned beef in the crock pot, go visit my favorite other set of kitties, get cleaned up and ready for lunch with a friend, run to B&N for a present for the 9TS, come home and change my clothes, round up some kindling, bring in some wood, stack the fireplace for after dinner, dig out the marshmallow sticks, get dinner on the table, light that fire, light the tree, roast those marshmallows, grab a book, drink some wine, snuggle with a sloth and go to bed. Hum. I guess I better get up, it looks like it's going to be a good day in the neighborhood.

p.s. Mother Nature, if I did anything to offend you, I apologize. Deeply. Irrevocably.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, you are now experiencing what we people in the north refer to as winter! Pour me a glass of merlot and I'll join you!

Sue said...

It was 26, 22 and 28 degrees at my back door the past three days. Remember those old Chiffon margerine commercials with Mother Nature? I think we've done gone and pissed her off!